Dental implants are becoming an increasingly popular method for replacing missing teeth. In this procedure, titanium supports are surgically fused with your jawbone, and act as an anchor for naturally looking replacement teeth. Dental implants are not only used for individual tooth replacement, but can also be used when replacing multiple teeth as an alternative to dentures.
Advantages of dental implants
- Dentures secured by implants are very stable and comfortable especially compared to traditional dentures
- New surgical guided placement techniques ensure a very high success rate
- Restorations secured with implants can be made to look and feel like your natural teeth
Special Consideration of Dental Implants
- Implants must be carefully planned to provide proper esthetic results
- Multiple visits are required for implant placement, abutment placement, and dental restoration